The Verdi History Museum
The current location at 740 Second Street is a historic building that was constructed in 1925 and was on the North side of Second Street. It was moved in 1952 and became the Verdi Justice Court.
In 2005, the Verdi Justice Court building became vacant after the court was closed.
Washoe County was contacted by VHPS with a request to obtain the building for their use to store and display pictures and historic memorabilia collected since 2002.
Washoe County transferred title of the Verdi Justice Court building to the Verdi History Preservation Society in 2007.
We have several binders containing the history of Verdi, information on old ranches, Verdi families and display cases full of historic memorabilia.
The history museum is open to the public only by appointment.
To schedule an appointment or for more information contact the Verdi Historical Preservation Society using our contact form… or call us at 775-345-0173
Here is The Verdi History Museum!